When you cannot be there to guide, comfort and support, Finding God’s Traces connects readers with Catholic values and beliefs, providing new insights and perspectives.
Finding God's Traces is a beautifully bound publication that makes the ideal gift for:
- graduating students
- current and retiring staff members
- school alumni,
- acknowledging various significant milestones
PLACE AN ORDER FOR YOUR SCHOOL FOR 2023
AC+ SUBSCRIBERS - USE THIS FORM FOR A DISCOUNT ORDER
New in the 20th edition
- Each month begins with wonderful sketches, created by Josephite Sister Jane Maisey, depicting some of the most important saints and blesseds related to Australian schools matched with an inspiring quote: Venerable Mary Ward, Saint Thomas Aquinas, Caroline Chisholm, Venerable Nano Nagle, Blessed Edmund Rice, Saint Marcellin Champagnat, Saint Ignatius Loyola, Saint Mary MacKillop, Mary Aikenhead, Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle, Venerable Catherine McAuley and Saint Frances de Sales.
- The content compiled by Michael McGirr has been revised to provide reflections in line with the many challenges facing our world.
Finding God’s Traces features
- Readings for each day of the year,
- Thoughts and reflections
- Words of celebrated thinkers
- 12 sketches depicting a Saint or Blessed matched with an inspiring quote
- A comprehensive index
- 25-year calendar of moveable feast days
- Standard copies come hardbound in a classic navy blue with gold foil lettering.
- The longevity of the content is conducive to bulk purchases. Confident that this edition will be relevant and can be gifted over multiple years.
- Bulk orders over 200 copies include:
- customisation: the opportunity to create your own personalised introduction page plus name and crest on the front cover (extra cost of $1500)
- hardbound choice of colour – green, blue, maroon or black.
- Bulk orders over 500 copies include:
- customisation: the opportunity to create your own personalised introduction page plus name and crest on the front cover (included at no extra cost)
- a wider selection of cover colours beyond the standard colours
Place your orders now
About Michael McGirr the author
With thirty years’ experience in bringing together faith, culture and community, since 1990, Michael McGirr has reviewed over 1000 books for The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Canberra Times. Michael has been twice a recipient of a senior fellowship from the Australia Council for the Arts. He has been an official guest of the Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Canberra writers’ festivals.
He has been chair of judges of the National Biography Award and chair of judges of the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards, and a judge of numerous other literary awards.
Michael has been the fiction editor of Meanjin and publisher of Eureka Street.
Michael’s books have sold over 200,000 copies.
About the illustrator
Sr Jane Maisey become a Sister of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart in 2018. After her profession, she took up the full-time ministry at a High School in Sydney (Pastoral Care, Design and Marketing) for three years (2018 - 2020). She moved back to New Zealand in 2021 and is currently working part-time for National Centre for Religious Studies.
She continues to work on artwork projects for schools and parishes as a ministry and is also studying counselling part-time. She is particularly interested in continuing to work with schools to develop artwork; collaborating with students and staff to create a visual story of how God is alive in their community today.
Call 1300 72 88 46 to speak to us about how Finding God's Traces can benefit your school.
DOWNLOAD A 2023 ORDER FORM HERE
AC+ SUBSCRIBER? DOWNLOAD A DISCOUNT ORDER FORM HERE